These are my ideas, my thoughts, my humble words and musings of me, a ponderer and liver of life.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Beer Log 1: Baltika number 9 extra lager

Discovered Baltika in a local grocery store. This appears to be brewed in Russia and is called a "Extra Lager" Packaging seemed overly simple and almost cheapened the look of the beer. It has a very "malt licka" look. Fortunately I noticed that it was indeed an import from Russia. It bottling is the standard Pint. Not much head upon pouring, almost non existent really. It maintains a dirty pale yellow in color, very bubbly. Taste is very crisp and clean. Not overly hopsy. Very mild if any aftertaste. Has a very minor sweetness to the taste and smell. No overpowering tastes or bitterness of any kind. It has a alcohol content of 8% which gives the beer a heavier feel. High alcohol content creeps up on you. I'd say this is a very nice Lager which I wouldn't mind having another of. Clean, crisp, and powerful. might be good to drink this one with some snacks. Unless you like headaches in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home