These are my ideas, my thoughts, my humble words and musings of me, a ponderer and liver of life.

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Greetings once again. I'm comming to you from my balcony. Wireless connectivity is definately heavenly. As i sit here smoking my pipe I'm listeining to the far off traffic and hustle and bustle of the big city covered by sounds of the crickets and night insects. It's really quite beautifull. I had my interview at Kinko's today. I think it went pretty well, but I'm not going to hold my breath. The manager Jon, was a nice guy and we talked in his office for a while. I should know if the position is mine by friday, we'll see. I won't be heartbroken if i don't get it, but it would definately be nice to have a source of income...that's for darn sure. It was the darndest thing however this morning, I arrived about an hour early, unfortunately this is my usual method of timing, i'm so beyond punctual it hurts. I get to the parking lot, which is also a Lowe's a Ultimate Electronics, and another misc home goods store, and what do i see. Two geese just walking around the barren parking lot. Upon first glance i didn't know what to think, but sure enough there they were two geese just wandering aimlessly. For some reason I was shocked by this. In the middle of Saint Louis here's these two geese just taking it easy. In my mind I thought, hey, maybe this town isn't so big afterall. I mean in all my days in Quincy...a much smaller town, never once did I see a couple geese maulling around in a parking lot. I must admit comming to Saint Louis I was quite overwhelmed by the difference in size and the hectic atmosphere, the thought of driving around on extremely busy highways made me cringe. Well now that I've been here for about a week, i'm starting to get into the flow of things, going out looking for new places. I think that it helps me to break down the HUGE city into portions, the divide and conquer thing I suppose. Living with April isn't much different then I expected it would be. I do somewhat though miss some of the alone time. I've always been pretty introverted and I've always had a large amount of alone time and personal space. It's really not a big issue, so much as just an adjustment. I enjoy sneaking out to the balcony every now and again and just sitting amongst my thoughts and taking in the silent symphony that is the night. The world definately is spinning alot faster then it used to seem. But I think i can keep up just as long as I'm willing to pick up the pace. I'll probably head to quincy on friday and grab some miscellaneous things I've forgotten. It's weird i'm so used to be ing on the road every weekend. It's gonna take some gettting used to to plant my feet in one place. I'm not worried about it though. Well I imagine i'll head on inside and think about sleep. Till next time, Laters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home