These are my ideas, my thoughts, my humble words and musings of me, a ponderer and liver of life.

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Hey...i'm not dead. Well it's been a tid bit under a month since my last entry...BUT IT'S NOT MY FAULT! Let me explain. For the last two weeks I've had NO internet in my room at school. Isn't that just freaking convenient. It took the piss-poor run Resnet people here at the non tech savvy Western Illinois University to even come and look at it. I knew it was not my computer and that it was on there side. Two weeks later after me calling them every other day I finally get some response. Here's the absolutley divinely insane annoying , beautifully absurd thing...ready? Here we go, Apparently the idiots decided to turn off my port on the network because they CLAIM that my router was causing other people to try to access my IP. First of all that's total complete bull. My network was WEP encrypted. What I find the most insulting is that no one EVEN let me know they were going to shut it off, nothing , no call, no email...guess I wouldn't have got it anyway. NOTHING. So ergo the second to last week of school where all of my final projects were due, and I have NO internet, kind of thorn in my side when Two of my classes are WEB RELATED. So i manage to eek through that week by being a nomadic internet junkie among my floor and computer labs. So monday rolls around, and guess who give me a ring at Eleven PM. A resnet "technician" and yeah i use that term extremely lightly. The dude shows up I tell him that my computer won't recognize the jack and he tells me the situation of them shutting down my port. I was PISSED. Next day they threw a switch and now it's back. It took two weeks for them to correct something that THEY did to me without telling me. ALL by the flip of a switch. Won't be missing this school and the countless idiots that make up a large portion of it.

On a happier note, We got the apartment, and are getting ready for the big move this weekend. Spend the weekend there last weekend and was reminded how a back and a floor to sleep on don't mix. Did however get Charter Broadband and cable put in. Exciting times, no word on the job search yet, but i'm putting in applications to electronic stores that surround the apartment. Good times. Well hopefully i'll be able to keep this blog updated now. Oh yeah my buddy Nathan just picked up a New 15" powerbook this past week, he's gonna love it. My Mac obsesiveness appears to be contagious. Well till next time, later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home