These are my ideas, my thoughts, my humble words and musings of me, a ponderer and liver of life.

Friday, May 14, 2004

Once again I come to you from the balcony. It's a beautiful evening here in ST. Louis. Let me define a perfect evening in my point of view. Cool and crisp at about fifty degrees. it's a very quiet nite and I sit looking down on the backyard of sorts of the apartment. It's really not much more then a lawn of probably fifty feet with a thicket of trees and bushed as the boundary. When I stepped out i saw in the distance two racoons shyly wandering out of the bushed to see what kind of mischief the night would bring. Before long the two disapeared quietly down into a sewer drain that resides at an outer point of the yard. I can't help but be reminded of when i was much younger growing up in the country. Being out in the country animals and nature was all around you. At one point two racoons decided to make a home in the rosebush that resided at the base of a tree in front of the house. I must have only have been five or six. But i still remember the delight of peering through the front window watching the two racoons wrestle around and play all while quickly seeking the shelter of the rosebush at the nearest sound of the human presence. The two racoons must have inhabited the rosebush for several months. I'm not for sure when they disapeared from the little home or the circumstances leading to it. Such is the case though for most of childhood memories, you remember the best parts. All the things that made you smile seem to outweight the details of events that made you cry. The country will always hold a huge place in my heart growing up among the dirt roads, getting into all kinds of varied mischief. Memories of times passed can sometimes really make a moment or even a day. In my opinion, it's these little moments that make up the best part of life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home