These are my ideas, my thoughts, my humble words and musings of me, a ponderer and liver of life.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

End of the year blog


RMC as it was
Originally uploaded by travishoffman.
Well it's almost over...2004 that is. I've recently discovered the magic and joy of Podcasting. It's a clever device using xml/rss type feeds, only audio. How it works is that you download a podcasting client which you can link to many different audio postcasts. Upon opening the client all your selected feeds are checked and then if new entries have been posted you are notified. Then you have the option to download the desired programming. my client software directly downloads to my iTunes which automatically updates onto my iPod when it is connected. This service is completely free and great. I used to be a TechTV junkie until the station was bought out and raped violently by the acquiring station. Regardless a icon of the Tech world and network Leo Laporte was unable to reach his large audience. Leo does however do a sat and sun radio show in L.A. which is webscast..however I rarely have the time to sit down and listen on the weekend. Now thanks to podcasting. I can get leo's radio show...all the commercials edited out whenever they are posted. I love it. I've also since began listening to "The Al Franken Show" who uses a similar podcasting method. I suggest exploring the world of podcasting to those fortunate enought to have an ipod. Podcasting is cross platform between PC's and Macs so everybody can take in the fun. I've even thought about creating my own podcast feed...however I fear that lack of interesting programming would restrict me quickly. Only time will tell. On other notes. NO big plans for the new year just taking it easy. That's alright with me. The enclosed picture seemed somewhat appropriate since a new year is about to begin. This was sent to me from the archivist of Robert Morris College. As I have alluded to several times in past blogs the campus which my father taught at for a year (i'm researching my fathers' life for a documentary i'm planning) is now an abandoned mess. This simple diagram shows how much things have changed since those days. Not to be depressing it's amazing what time can do. Time can seemingly pull the wool over the eyes of what is known and appreciated. Time can also heal wounds. I guess time is off the essence. So in closing enjoy the time you are given, reflect upon the past from time to time. And above all have a happy new year. Peace and good tidings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home