These are my ideas, my thoughts, my humble words and musings of me, a ponderer and liver of life.

Thursday, December 16, 2004

woodville cemetary


woodville cemetary
Originally uploaded by travishoffman.
Well...not much to report really. I have my car back finally. It's really muddy and dirty at the moment due to a trip to the country I took to get more photos of places associated with my father. I've moved on from the Vietnam era of my dad's life...and am now working on putting together his time as a teacher at Robert Morris College when they had a campus in Carthage, Illinois. I was albe to get some nice photos of the campus during the era my father taught there by the current archivist of Robert Morris College. I also tracked a councelor down that knew my father and often went with him and others out for lunch. I need to be writing up interview questions and getting in touch with an uncle to see about a potential interview over christmas weekend. I also have been in touch with the individual my father sold his tiling buisness to...a long time employee and friend of the family. He is eager to help. I look forward to interviewing him aa well as getting some video of the actual tiling process. Christmas is almost here, it really snuck up on me this year I must admint, I still have some christmas shopping to do, however I fear it will as usual be put off til the last possible moment. Oh well, at least i'm consistent. This photo is from the"historic woodville cemetary" located on a gravel road right off highway 172 between quincy and carthage, north of the adams county fair grounds. I'm not for sure why it is considered historic. I randomly decided to stop there and check it out, I didn't have a whole lot happening. It's a rather old cemetary with simple yet intricate grave stones dating back to the early to mid 1800's I took about a dozen random photos, none really grabbed my interest but I thought I'd share regardless. I suppose that's really about all there is to say at the moment. Oh yeah I love my girlfriend April Frago by the way. Just thought I'd throw that in there too. Chow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home